During 2009-2010 (measuring period June 2009 - June 2010) 206.400 supplementary jobs have been created in Belgium by growing companies and starting employers. During this period 173.100 jobs were lost by shrinking companies and because of closing-downs. On balance the level of employment has been characterized by a modest net growth rate of 1%, i.e. +33.200 jobs. The labour market has in that way recovered fom the crisis of the years 2008-2009.
Until recently there did not exist in Belgium any structured and reliable figures concerning these dynamics. The National Social Security Office participates in DynaM, an innovatory project which charts the turbulence on the Belgian labour market.
DynaM publishes online figures and their interpretation on the site www.dynam-belgium.org.
The NSSO provides the data and has developed together with the HIVA-K.U.Leuven reliable statistics. HIVA offers scientific support and monitors the international comparability of the figures. Federgon, the sector federation of HR service providers, supports the reasearch activities of HIVA with the Federgon Chair ‘Dynamics of the labour market’.
- 2013-05-15 Students have never before worked as much as in the year 2012
- 2013-01-24 Student work : once again a rise during the summer months
- 2013-01-15 Labour market: industry and construction continue to shrink
- 2012-12-07 Two eGov Awards for projects of the NSSO
- 2012-11-30 State Secretary John Crombez presents the electronic application Dolsis of the National Social Security Office (NSSO)
- 2012-11-26 eGov Awards 2012: three nominations for the NSSO (National Social Security Office)
- 2012-10-12 Student work: +36% during the first six months of the year
- 2012-10-12 Towards a shrinking labour market
- 2012-07-11 The growth on the labour market comes to a standstill
- 2012-07-10 The brochure “Salaried employment” will be renewed